Monday, May 09, 2005

A Christian Affirmation (Part 3)

Two things:

  • For some very well thought out analysis of the Affirmation, go here. I was previously unaware of Jimmy Shaw's blog, but will definitely be stopping in more frequently!
  • At least one signer of the Affirmation has posted some thoughts on why he signed. I appreciate what Dr. Hicks has to say and I pray that all of those who have blogged about the Affirmation recently will find their way to his site and his explanation for signing the document. Here's to similarly irenic and reflective statements from the other signers!
XP,

Chris

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2005 6:11 PM, Blogger Fajita said...

Yes, I was pleased to see John Mark Hicks appearing in blogland. I visited his site as well. I am pleased with his posture and attitude. Though we disagree on some things, I am glad that he was willing to acknowledge that the affirmation is not perfect or an attempt to grab power. I admire his courage for speaking out about it.

 
At 5/11/2005 8:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I agree. Hopefully, what he and some others have said will go a long way to defuse some of the tensions over the Affirmation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home